Not too long ago I was trolling around Epicurious looking for something nice for breakfast and I came across this recipe. I have made it a couple times and it is absolutely wonderful! Quick and easy to make, you will delight yourself and your breakfast (or lunch or dinner, accompanied with a salad) companions.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Makes 8 servings.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (one 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 cups coarsely grated (or small diced) Swiss cheese
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (raw)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (if you don’t have any, don’t let that stop you from making this!)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
Unfold 1 pastry sheet on each of 2 baking sheets. Top with ham, cheese and mushrooms, leaving 1/2-inch plain border.
Whisk eggs, rosemary, pepper, salt, and nutmeg in bowl. Whisk in sour cream.
Spoon egg mixture over toppings on each pastry. The borders puff up beautifully to keep the filling in place but be sure to leave about a one-inch border when spooning on the egg mixture.
Bake until pastries are puffed and golden and toppings are set, about 25 minutes.